Any Trick to Avoid Spam/Scam in Form Submissions using Duda Forms?

Options

Is there any tricks we can implement into forms to avoid form spam.

Such as…

Form Question: 2 + 5 =
Form required Answer: 7

I am getting this question more and more. Hoping for some help in this scenario.

Tagged:

Answers

• visioncraft
    visioncraft Member Posts: 148 Learner
    Options

Duda's built-in Contact Form widget uses Google's reCaptcha by default. This is an anti-spamming feature that is good enough to avoid all the usual spam bots you are likely to get.

If you want to go beyond what the built-in Form widget does, have a look at the Duda App Store. It includes apps that you can add to your site to allow you to build very complex forms — like Paperform — or you can go beyond and even add a chat widget. All these have their own built-in anti-spamming features.

Lastly, if you can't find what you want in the App Store, you can use an external form service - like Typeform - which will also have its own anti-spamming features. Just embed that service's external form into your site using an HTML Widget!

• 8bitcreative
    8bitcreative Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2023
    Options

Although that was a fantastic response, it's not fully accurate.

I have almost 300 duda sites. So one, recaptcha doesnt catch all spam, in fact its mediocre at best. Ask me how I know 300 sites x 30 form leads a month per site x 12 months.

I'll look into paperform. I really was hoping for a native duda solution as the reporting piece is strong and scalable for us. Paperform and .and external forms is NOT scalable at our level/price points.

• visioncraft
    visioncraft Member Posts: 148 Learner
    Options

@8bitcreative I feel your pain. I also agree with you: Google's reCaptcha is a less-than-ideal solution. In fact, I've added a suggestion in the Ideas board asking Duda to add support for hCaptcha and Cloudflare Turnstile, so if this is something that interests you, please have a look and vote for it! ;-)

• DonF
    DonF Member Posts: 2
    Options

I am getting a bit tired of just launching a site, then having to explain to the customer, the SEO Spam emails that arrive just a few days after launch. Can Duda please improve on these forms to prevent more of these damaging emails to reputation that are not true in any sense of the word.