FTP server

David
David Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I understand that my Duda website is hosted on AWS.

How do I get the server details so that I can upload files to my website? A small React app that I need to expose to my customers…

Thanks in advance for any help

Best Answers

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 678 MVP
    Answer ✓

You can not access any server from Duda. This would be a Huge security risk for them.

You can only add and upload these types of files.

https://support.duda.co/hc/en-us/articles/14970540924695-Custom-sitemap-robots-txt-other-files

• visioncraft
    visioncraft Member Posts: 162 Learner
    Answer ✓

Hi, @David ! As @Aj_Cre8 mentioned, if Duda allowed people to do what you're requesting - i.e., accessing your Duda site's files directly via FTP by loggin onto Duda's AWS hosting space - it would be a horrible security risk. Think of it: I might manage to upload malicious virus files that could go through the AWS cloud server space, collect data on all of Duda's accounts and damage everyone's sites… So FTP access (or ssh, telnet, webdav, etc.) is a no-no.

But that doesn't mean you can't do what you need. Perhaps you can just achieve what you want with a custom widget, integrating your site with Zapier, or by using webhooks . If you give us more info on what you're trying to do exactly, we might be able to suggest a 'Duda way' of going about it!

• visioncraft
    visioncraft Member Posts: 162 Learner
    Answer ✓

The best approach to this depends exactly on what your app does, @David - but there will be a way to do what you need. For example, you might be able to create a custom widget with your app built into it. Whether this is the best option or not depends on what your app - and APIs - are actually doing.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 678 MVP
    Answer ✓

You can build custom widgets that will allow your React App to run. You can read more about that HERE.

Answers

• David

Hi, Thanks for the response. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. AWS hosting is included in my subscription to Duda and my Duda site is indeed hosted by AWS. All I am asking is the details of the hosting server (AWS) so that I can upload some files there using an FTP client, not through Duda.

Does this make sense?

• David
    edited September 2023

Thanks @visioncraft

I see. Duda's AWS hosting space is somehow "shared" accross Duda accounts, hence the risk you are mentionning. Perhaps Duda could offer dedicated AWS hosting as an option..

I would like to host, on my Duda website, a webapp that performs specific data processing using Azure APIs I created. Is there a way I can deploy a React webapp to my Duda site?

Another alternative would be to deploy my webapp on Azure and redirect my users to it from a specific page of my Duda website. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help.

David