Update spacing and padding of widgets

Options

I have a large number of blog articles on a site.

We have decided to update the padding/spacing around most widgets, specifically images, headlines and normal paragraphs.

How can we bulk update all those so they are consistent in all blog articles without going through them manually?

The new settings should apply for future blog articles on that site as well.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 659 MVP
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you did your blogs within Duda's Blog settings you can not auto update widgets across them all, unless the widgets are a part of the "Blog Layout". You will sadly have to go in and manually update those. If you did you blog with "Connected Data" (which I don't think you did), you can update the "Dynamic Page Layout" just as you would with the Blog Layout.

If you have a massive number of blogs, you may want to reach out to an Expert for some help updating them all, or even redesigning them using a standard layout that covers the padding and spacing in the Blog Layout.

Answers

• visioncraft
    visioncraft Member Posts: 148 Learner
    Options

Hey, @command_frequency, welcome to the Duda Community!

If this is a brand new website, make sure you have setup the site's Blog using Duda's built-in Blog feature. They allow you to automatically setup a 'template' that will be used for all your blog articles. That means, that even if you have hundreds of articles, you just need to change the design/layout in one location — the template — and the changes will be automatically applied to all your articles, past, present and future, immediately. If you haven't done so yet, start by clicking the 'Blog' button in your Site Editor sidebar, then click the '+ Add Blog' button:

If this is an old site, which is using Duda's old Blog platform, you can update it to the new one. This will ensure you get all the new features that make it easier for you to format your articles and apply global changes.

Let us know if these suggestions help!

• command_frequency
    Options

Hi @visioncraft, unfortunately that is not an answer to my question.

It seems I am already on the new blog option since I can not find the upgrade option anywhere.
    There are less than 800 posts on the blog.

I need to change the styling of headings, images and paragraphs inside the blog articles.

When I navigate there, it says: "To edit this content, open a post via Manage Posts".

Making changes to the stuff around the posts (like header, footer etc.) is not what I am looking for.

Normally I would just change the CSS on a website to achieve what I am trying to do here.

• command_frequency
    Options

This is a real problem for us.

We will probably move away our websites from Duda over time then because it's unpractical and other solutions like WordPress have an easy fix for these cases.

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Options

Hi @command_frequency, I'm sorry to hear this. I did get a few suggestions from the team that I hope are helpful:

• Under Theme > Rwos & Columns > Default Row/Column spacing -  they can adjust the default spacings of Row's and Colum's. That applies for the entire site, not just blog posts, so it's recommended to create a backup before making changes there to see if adjust it as they want it
    • Under Blog > Edit Layout - they're able to edit the spacings of the layout's widget's/rows, and of the row that contains each post's content. And that will be applied in every post. But, if they need to update the spacing inside each post content, like on images added inside the posts, they will have to manually update them

Additionally, I've created a new item on the Duda Idea's Board, feel free to add more detail to it:

https://ideas.duda.co/forums/930658-duda-idea-board/suggestions/47309423-bulk-update-spacing-padding-on-blog-pages

• Bruce_McCaughan
    Bruce_McCaughan Member Posts: 130 Learner
    Options

Scotty graciously offered some suggestions above.
    However, DO NOT ACT ON THE 1st BULLET POINT.
    That is, DO NOT GO TO Theme » Rows& Columns » Default spacing AND ADJUST THOSE.
    Even just looking at them, I kid you not, WILL CAUSE ALL COLUMNS ON YOUR WEBSITE TO FAIL.

By default, all columns come with (let's call it) natural spacing between columns. You can freely swap column positions and the "natural spacing between columns" is retained.
    However, navigating to the above Theme settings will immediately cause this natural spacing/padding to fail. You might not notice it at first, but you fill find text flush against images and/or edges of a column where adjacent colors are different.

Have a great day!

• Bruce_McCaughan
    Bruce_McCaughan Member Posts: 130 Learner
    Options

Scotty graciously offered some suggestions above.
    However, DO NOT ACT ON THE 1st BULLET POINT.
    That is, DO NOT GO TO Theme » Rows& Columns » Default spacing AND ADJUST THOSE.
    Even just looking at them, I kid you not, WILL CAUSE ALL COLUMNS ON YOUR WEBSITE TO FAIL.

By default, all columns come with (let's call it) natural spacing between columns. You can freely swap column positions and the "natural spacing between columns" is retained.
    However, navigating to the above Theme settings will immediately cause this natural spacing/padding to fail. You might not notice it at first, but you fill find text flush against images and/or edges of a column where adjacent colors are different.

Have a great day!

This screencast shows the bug in action. It's long winded, but skip ahead to the 6-minute mark: